Monday, October 23, 2006

IITians... the PJ Gods

People say IITians are intelligent, geeky, nerdy, bookworms... u add the adjectives.

I think there is nothing called a typical IITian. But if there is something that is the most common among them,
it is the habit of cracking venumous PJ's (poor jokes- anybody who didn't even know the full form is
requested to stop reading-the content can be fatal). IITians learn to crack PJ's within a semester of their stay
here. And those who don't, develop an auto-halu mode(like my dear friend Akash has already done). Even I
couldn't endure PJ's when i first arrived here, but my level increased exponentially in this semster, and now
I am become a name- a name of reverence for other PJ lovers and a highly dreaded one amongst others. Now
I'm almost at par with the PJ Gods of our batch in IIT Kharagpur. Here are some of the PJ's that I remember
(with the crew). Hope you like them.

Characters: Me(Tapas Shrivastava)
Bond(Kartik Prabhu)
Abhas Saroha
Pappu/Tattu(Vaibhav Sinha)
Patrick(Prateek Patodi)
KT(Kaustubh Tripathi- God pf PJ's)
Cake(Apurv Gupta)
Ankit Singh Tawar.
Dash(Shishir Dash- our Hall president)

1. KT(In an electrical technology class):"Hostel is the daughter of tree and ostrich."
Saamanya junta:"How the hell?"
KT:"An ostrich has wings. Hostel also has wings. Ostrich cannot fly despite of having the wings. A hostel also can't. But an ostrich can move.
But a tree cannot move. A hostel also can't move."
2. A group of friends eating at Harry's. One of them was Ankit Tawar.
All of a sudden, he said,"There are a lot of english weights sitting here today."
We scratched our scalp hard, then asked him what he meant.
He replied calmly,"Look guys! What's the unit of weight in british system? Its the pound.
Pound is abbreviated as lb, and as u all can see, there are a lot of love birds sitting here today."

3. Pappu, Abhas and Bond eating at chilles.
Pappu:" The only PROM that I know of is programmable read only memory."

4. Me, Bond, Abhas and Pappu sitting at chilles.
Abhas:"Till yesterday, I didn't even know PV has a blog."
Me:"He has 2... mhollow and mstillhollow. I think the next one to come is 'mihollow?'. "
Pappu:" After that, we'll have a 'doyouthinkiamhollow'."
Abhas:"And then?"
Me:" Ki holo!!!(bangla, dude)"

5. Patrick:" Our instructor has done J2SE, J2EE, Matlab, JSP and xml in class. I know nothing!"
Me:" Even I know about some of these."
Bond:"How?"
Me:"We have a lab on matlab every thursday. And we have a chemical engg course where we keep on using phrases like-
Take xml of KMnO4....."

6. Pappu:"Will a virus remain a virus even after passing through a wormhole?"

7. Me:" I have no right to publish a blog. All of u write much better than me."
Bond:"Don't worry yaar. Hum kitna bhi likh lein, yaad rakhna ki sau sonaar ki aur ek lohaar ki."
Me:"K. I wanna be Iridium-aar then."

8. Whole of the gang eating at billoo's.
I told KT:"U know our G.sec. Technology? His pet dialog is 'I don't give a damn!'."
KT:"He doesn't give a dam(n)? I don't give a hydroelectric power station!!!"

9. My chat with Cake on Gtalk.
Cake: normal types
not bad
ppl r praising
me: bhai main kaunsa teri hburai kar raha hoon
3:48 AM Cake: haan theek hai.. main kaun sa bol raha hoon ki tu meri buraai kar raha hai
3:49 AM me: main to hamesha teri tareef karta hoon
aur aaj toone aisa samajh liya?
patthardil
me: sangdil
:(
Cake: buzdil.. shergil....
me: kargil
3:50 AM Cake: bulla ki jaanaa main kaun
me: fish ke gill
billoo ke bill
himalaya ki hill
chhohe ke bill
Cake: chai ki mill
me: nahin re
aate ki mill
jail ki swill
3:51 AM buddhe ki will
Cake: cancer ki pill
me: baithe reh... bilkul mat hil!!!!!!!!!!
:P
Cake: :(
3:53 AM Cake: nahi nahi abhi nahi abhi karo intzaar
sona hai mujhe... bistar hai bekaraar
pataa hai.. bekaar tha
chhod
me: chup ho ja chamaar
Cake: hehehe
me: maaroonga jote hazaar
Cake: sahi
me: joote*
karoonga aise aise waar
3:54 AM Cake: bas

me: tere pair ho jaayenge bekaar
aur haath ho jaayenge chaar
tu ban sakta hai star
agar mujhse nahin ki war
Cake: ab uch jyada ho hgaya
me: kal ke liye BOL mere yaar!!!!
3:55 AM Cake: ab grahan kijiye raatri kaa namaskaar
me: aur sun lo gaaliyan do-chaar
3:56 AM Cake: chup baith chotte-chamaar
me: insti mein hain na tera event yaar?
near the office of the registrar?
Cake: saalaa pata nahi kya kya hai bolta.. aur leta bhi nahi ek bhi dakaar!
me: us room number mein aata hai 1 aur 4
3:57 AM Cake: tere dimaag mein hai gandagi ka bhandaar
me: woh sab chhor
Cake: duniya mein machaa hai hahakaar
me: tere gaane mein kaun baja raha hai guitar?
3:58 AM bata na yaar?
10. Dash:" Hi Tapas. I heard you had a brain transplant?"
Me:"What?"
Dash:"Yup!"
Me:"Nothing as such. Why?"
Dash:"Somebody told me that you were gonna participate in What's the good word, but you have changed your mind."
11. Dash:"What will spectators say if lord Shiva came to dance in vortex(dance competition)?"
Junta:"Dunno. You tell."
Dash:"Abey yehi bolenge ki kya godly dancer hai!!!"

Okay! Enough now. I, Tapas Shrivastava, hereby declares that I am bored of wasting time. Now I'll go and study........
(FOR THE SLOW ONES OUT OF YOU WHO DIDN'T NOTICE, THIS WAS THE WORST PJ OF ALL THE ONES LISTED ABOVE!!!)

7 comments:

the guy who typed this. said...

God hai bhai!...this is one of the best collections or those suffering from verbal diarrhoea in the institute!...we want more!

Unknown said...

khatarnaak hai be! wo chat thing... how can u guys sustain it for sooo long! hahaha i ges this post can go on getting editted like almost every day! :P

abhas said...

you'll have more pj's to write abt in no time. tomorrow at chille's me bond you and anyone else who wishes can be there, it's pj time.

abhas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HellFragger said...

srry this is a late comment but i am no regular blog reader...but had to read urs....

just one line man,

YOU ARE GOD !!! (of PJs...)

this one blog is a thorough entertainer...

Vinayak said...

bhaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!
tu gaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwdddddd hai yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr


ye "xml", "ki holo" kya sahi sahi pj's maarta hai bhai!!!!!!!!!

hail the great tapos

Nagarjun Kota said...

is article ko dekh ke lagta hai ki pj maarna bhi ek kala hai .... yo "taps"